Thursday, May 7, 2009

Show Us Where You Live - Family Room


Welcome to Show Us Where You Live Friday. Today is for living rooms or family rooms hosted by Kelly at Kelly's Korner. Be sure and check out her blog for more rooms that we live in.
Ok, here goes...This is looking in from my dining room. The basket under the table is made out of banana leaves. I think thats amazing. My floor is black and white ceremic, but one day I will get hardwood floors. I have a large rug over most of the living area for softness.

Photobucket

This is my fireplace flanked with bookcases, which I love. I display a lot of family photos because they are the most important to me. I have a few small diddle daddles on there too. My opening to my fireplace is so large, I thought I would never find a fireplace screen to cover it up. I found this one at Pottery Barn on sale, love it. Over in the left hand corner you can see a little rocking chair for my grandsons. I'm waiting to get a picture of my whole family at the beach for over the fireplace.
Photobucket


Photobucket

This is my couch that I got at one of my favorite little shops. I love the high sides. You're looking into my dining room/kitchen.
Photobucket

This chest I got from a yard sale for $75.00. It is cedar, and it was her grandmothers. I couldn't believe she was selling this. I fell in love with it. I wanted something to put blankets in and use for extra seating also. This fit the bill.
Photobucket


Photobucket

This is my snowbaby case. I've been collecting these for a while.
Photobucket

My patio doors that lead out to the patio that is shown on another post. The one thing I want to do in here, other than hardwood floors, is crown molding. My husband will be doing that very soon.
Photobucket

And this is my computer armoire where I do all my posting. I would show you the inside but I wouldn't want to shock anyone.....lol....maybe at a later date.
Photobucket

Well this is my family room that I thoroughly enjoy everyday. You see this house was a gift from God. When we seen this house is was everything and then some that I had been praying for for 2 years. It became a foreclosure, went through the offer and then they decided to turn it over to another lender. So we bid again. We were outbid and my realtor told us to start looking for something else as soon as possible. To make a long story short, that same day I went looking just to see what I could see. NOTHING! I said, Lord, you are going to have to drop it in my lap, I don't know what to do. I was walking in the house and my phone was ringing. It was my realtor, she said "You got the house", the other one fell through. Talk about dropping into my lap. We have been here for 6 years and I love my house. Thank you for listening, I just thought I had to tell my story.

Now, everyone be sure and check out Kelly's blog for other great rooms.

Debbie

21 comments:

  1. Oh I love your chest with pillows on top, I can't believe someone would sell that for $75...all these tours are making me want to go antiquing tomorrow LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely home! looks very inviting. i think i could stay awhile.

    i also love that chest - what a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie your living room is beautiful!
    Love the gorgeous sofa table.

    I'm so glad everything worked out for you when you purchaesed it. It sounds like it was meant to be.

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the trunk with the pillows! :) Very homey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your collection of snowbabies! My sons very first Christmas ornament was a snowbaby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your living room is beautiful and looks like a very comfortable place to be! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story! Your house is lovely. We have a similar color green in our dining and living rooms. I have a similar story, but I had prayed for about 15 years, and the rest is too long to tell. Suffice it to say, I know this house was a gift to me from God!! So cool!!

    Looking forward to seeing whatever else you do to it!!
    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your room is beautiful. Your couch looks really comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love your shelves on each side of your fireplace! Have a Happy Mother's Day!!

    Many Blessings,

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice and homey. I love your bookshelves and the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those chairs are so pretty - and I love that trunk! :-) thanks for having us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You home is beautiful! I love the splashes of red that you can find in the room. I love your keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my living room. I love your fireplace and that wonderful chest with the pillows on it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite part is those bookshelves by the fireplace. You can never have too many bookshelves! :) And that trunk is wonderful, too.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice room! I love the fireplace & built ins as well as the beautiful chest, it all has so much character! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun post. Everything looks wonderful. I'm drooling over your chest! Wow, what a steal!

    Happy Mother's Day sweet friend!
    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your fireplace and built ins! your living room is lovely! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete