Friday, March 27, 2009

Changing the use of things

I did not start this blog just for the birth of my grandson, but it just happen to start up at the time where he was the center of everything. I thank you for listening to me and praying for him at this time. He will be coming home soon, hopefully next week and I will let you know as soon as he does.

But now that things are a lot better, there are a lot of other things I do like to talk about. Like.... decorating, trash to treasure, shopping and just about anything you can think of. I would like to start with this for now. I found this at a yard sale one early Saturday morning, of course it was not black and needed a major cleaning where it had been sitting in a corner somewhere for who knows how long.

Photobucket
I spray painted it black, love that spray paint, and believe it or not, I found some round red candles at a yard sale still in the packaging to put in them. I've got this hanging in my foyer right now, but my mind started running ninety to nothing.

The word is cloche. I love them, don't have a one, so I thought about it. They are very hard to find around here, but I'm hopeful. With my mind whirling I took one down and turned it over and voila.....there was a cloche. But I needed something to put it on. See, its not very big but oh so cute. So today I was going around to some of my favorite shops and I came across this......
Photobucket
The lady said it was suppose to be a margarita glass but the hole is so small and its not very tall. I was thinking this might work perfect for a pedastal for my cloche.
Photobucket
And it fit perfectly. I paid $2.00 for this and I think it looks great. Now I have to find something to decorate with inside of it. Any suggestions? I would love to find a little birds nest to fit in there with some little eggs. I'll keep looking till I find the perfect thing! I have two more of those little cloches too. Debbie

2 comments:

  1. Well aren't you just the most talented thing ever! I just love that. I can't seem to get my mind to work like that.

    I am so glad that Nathan is doing so much better. My little grandson will be here on Monday if not before. I a so excited!

    Happy decorating!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever! I love the small cloches that are just big enough to hold a cupcake...have you seen those? Very cute!

    I think a small terra cotta pot with moss and eggs inside would be cute, too. And a bird if there is room.

    ReplyDelete